STATE REPUBLICAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (SREC)
The purposes of the SREC shall be
- To act as the governing body of the Republican Party of Texas (hereinafter referred to as the “Party”) and exercise those powers and fulfill those duties and responsibilities conferred upon it by the state or federal statutes,
- To establish general policy for the Party, subject to the direction of the biennial state convention,
- To be responsible for the general supervision and management of the Party,
- To foster and encourage growth in the Party by promoting the principles as expressed in the platform and by electing Republican officeholders, and
- To provide an opportunity for full participation in the Party to all Texans who subscribe to the beliefs and principles advocated by the Party.