US Vote Smart
|Texas Constitutional Amendments|
Chamges to the Texas Constitution
Submitted by kenneth vaughn on 2019-11-13 03:58:23
1. Permitting a person to hold more than one office as a municipal judge
2. Providing for the issuance of additional general obligation bonds by the Texas Water Development Board
3. Authorize legislature to provide a temporary exemption from ad valorem taxation a portion of appraised value of certain property damaged by a disaster.
4. Prohibit the imposition of an individual income tax, including a tax on an individual’s share of partnership and unincorporated association income.
5. Dedication of revenue received from existing state sales & use taxes imposed on sporting goods to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the Texas Historical Commission to protect Texas’ natural areas, water quality, and history
6. Authorizing the legislature to increase, by $3 billion, the maximum bond amount authorized for the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
7. Allow increased distributions to the available school fund.
8. Creation of a permanent flood infrastructure fund to assist in the financing of drainage, flood mitigation, and flood control projects.
9. Exempt from ad valorem taxation precious metal held in a precious metal depository located in this state
10. Allow transfer of a law enforcement animal to a qualified caretaker in certain circumstances