What are the three main attributes that make you the most qualified for this position?
1: My first had Oil & Gas experience as a business owner, where I worked with Operators and land owners within the confines of the regulated oil and gas industry in the Eagle Ford Shale.
2: My 4 years experience as Texas Real Estate Commissioner gives me a unique perspective & knowledge of the process and the role of a commissioner. No one else running has the experience of serving on a commission that functions similar to the Railroad Commission.
3: I have always fought for the promotion of conservative principles.
- This includes fighting Voter Fraud where I worked on legislation to increase penalty from class A Misdemeanor to a Felony 1.
- Fought LGBT discrimination ordinances in San Antonio and Houston. In San Antonio I started a recall of our Liberal Mayor Julian Castro.
- Securing the border: I worked on legislation to elevate the penalty of those convicted of murder while human trafficking to a death penalty offense.
- Defending life working with prolife groups on HB2 previously, and now on closing loopholes being exploited by liberal politicians like the San Antonio city council.
- Fighting for property rights and fighting against the city of San Antonio who is bent on opening a new regional planned parenthood in an under zoned residential area, without the consent of the neighbors.
- Working hard against the next generation of liberals who are currently filling the ranks of down ballot non-partisan elections like school board and so on.
I will continue to maintain these tenants of my convictions regardless of the office I’m serving in.
What are the three main reasons you are running for this office? Do you see any potential conflicts of interest?
a. I’m excited to wake up every day and protect the ability for my 5 children and all citizens of Texas to have the same opportunity I have been blessed with in Texas. A large part of that opportunity is due to oil and gas development.
b. Keep the Texas Miracle alive by keeping the EPA, Obama and Castro out of Texas.
c. Achieve Energy Independence in order to Strengthen Texas and the United States
What differentiates you from your opponents?
- ? Oil & Gas experienced business man.
- ? Texas Real Estate Commissioner: I understand the mechanics of a Texas Commission and the role of a commissioner. I was confirmed by the Senate after being appointed by Governor Perry and now serve under Governor Abbott.
- ? Engaged Conservative leader: as explained above I have been at the forefront of every conservative political fight we have recently faced.
- ? Not a lawyer.
What is the most important problem you see that needs to be addressed by the position your running for and what do you propose to solve it?
Getting the agency through the Sunset Process and making changes at the commission that better protect private property rights while still encouraging oil and gas development. How we deal with allocation wells (wells drilled across multiple tracts of land where the production is allocated by the operator) would be one example of how we can strengthen land owners’ rights and still encourage development.
Civic, Political or union organization or individuals to whom you have contributed (five years):
Texas GOP, Bexar County GOP, Texas Values, San Antonio Family association, local crisis pregnancy centers, several GOP women’s groups. Governor Perry, Senator Ted Cruz
List all individuals/groups you have represented or lobbied for before any governmental entity during the past five years.
*I have assisted several non-profits in zoning battles against the city of San Antonio who was trying to imminent domain their land, or not allow them to fully utilize their property.
*I have worked on behalf of citizens whose property rights were being trampled on by San Antonio in an effort to undermine HB2.