Please describe the qualifications and experience that make you the best candidate for the office you are seeking.
- 27 Years of Law Enforcement Experience in Montgomery County, including 11 years as Constable, Precinct 4
- Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas, Graduate
- Leadership Command College, Gradudate
Please describe what you believe are the most significant issues in this race, why and what you'll do to address them?
1. Electing the most qualified individual to this office - This is a critical time for East Montgomery County. Our rapid population and retail growth make our ability to continue our crime reduction efforts even more important. It is crucial that we continue to elect the most qualified individuals to our local government. I am that candidate for this office.
2. The need to continue to balance providing necessary law enforcement services while respecting the burden on taxpayers. I am proud of my record of fiscal responsibility and transparency. I plan to continue to make East Montgomery County a safer place to live, work, and raise a family, while at the same time managing my office’s budget as our residents manage their own.
What is your position on the public's right to record police or other government officials on public property?
I support this right.
What is your position on dash/body cams & public availability of those videos?
I have implemented dash / body cams in my office to increase transparency. I support the public availability of this public information when it does not interfere with an ongoing investigation.
Who is endorsing you and what is their relationship to you?
I enjoy the endorsement of most of my law enforcement peers in and around Montgomery County as well as those in the business community and governmental officials with many more to come.
Please describe the concrete goals against which you want to be measured in the coming term.
Making Precinct 4 a safer place to live, work, and raise a family.
Please list all civic, political, and union organizations or individuals to whom you have contributed in the past five years.
- EMC Fair
- 100 Club
- Right to Life
- Project Graduation
- Friends of EMC Fair
- Sam B. Crawford Masonic Lodge
- Concerned Citizens of Montgomery County
- Greater East Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Lion’s Club
- Splendora ISD Education Foundation
- Justice of the Peace and Constables Association
- National Rifle Association
- Republican Party
- Rand Henderson Campaign
- Ryan Gable Campaign
- Brett Ligon Campaign
- James Metts Campaign
- Jason Dunn Campaign
To what extent do you believe the state or federal government should be able to obtain court orders directing parents to do things for their children that the parent does not believe should be done?
I believe that this should be done only in the most extreme of situations for the health of the child when independently verified by a licensed physician.
Please list all conservative groups for which you are or have been a member, and list any positions held in each group.
- Montgomery County Republican Party
- East Montgomery County Republican Women
- Montgomery County Tea Party
- Texas Patriots PAC
- National Rifle Association
Please describe the changes you will make to improve the efficiency of the office for which you are running.
I operate a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week office committed to making Precinct 4 a safer place to live, work, and raise a family. We are the 4th leading department in arrests in Montgomery County, trailing only larger agencies. I have spent 3 terms continuing to evaluate and improve efficiencies in my office, and the results of this effort are evident. I plan to continue to do so in my 4th term.
Please describe your position on the proper balance of parental rights and the welfare of the child. Please include a couple of examples.
I believe the proper balance would be to err in favor of the rights of the parent except in situations where the health of the child is in verifiable danger.
What's your position on red-flag laws, expansion of background checks to private firearms sales, imposing civil liability on sellers of firearms, or any additional regulation of the private sales of firearms?
I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and have testified in front of the Texas Legislature in defense of this right. I see these efforts and regulations as a way to try to restrict the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed to us by both the Texas and United States Constitutions, and I will not sit idly by while bureaucrats in Washington try to diminish this right through legislation.